- 1 General
- 1.1 Who is working on this game?
- 1.2 How do I join the Idlescape team?
- 1.3 Can I stack enchantments?
- 1.4 How many actions does this game have?
- 1.5 Does this game have offline progress?
- 1.6 What does the number after my name in chat mean?
- 1.7 Why do some players have stars behind their levels in chat?
- 1.8 Do food bonuses stack with equipment bonuses?
- 1.9 What is the highest level I can obtain?
- 1.10 How do I obtain heat?
- 1.11 How do people change the name of their items, eg. "Fork and Spoon" instead of "Ladle" in the marketplace?
- 1.12 Why do some people have grey numbers after their names, and some have white numbers?
- 1.13 How can I change my name?
- 1.14 How can I get a chat icon?
- 2 Talismans
- 3 Enchanting
- 3.1 Does the Superheating enchantment give smithing xp?
- 3.2 Does the Superheating enchantment require all the ore and heat it normally requires to make an bar?
- 3.3 Does the Superheating enchantment require smithing level to smelt bars?
- 3.4 Does the Gathering enchantment work with Superheating?
- 3.5 How do smithing enchantments work?
- 3.6 When do my augmenting results show up in the chat?
- 4 References
Who is working on this game?
There are a few people working on this game with different roles.
Tasks of people within a role are not set in stone, but in general moderators keep chat in normal and help players out with small problems. Community contributors help develop new parts of the game on a voluntary basis. Artists create the artwork for the game. The developers create the game.
There is currently no application process to become a moderator. Moderators are picked by Boohi when there is a need for that.
Current Staff Members
|Lovely||Developer||1 April 2021|
|Developer; 29 November 2020
Admin; 1 November 2021
|Wyshikins||Artist||30 November 2020|
|Mononoko||Moderator||3 May 2020|
|White||Moderator||7 November 2020|
|Habs||Moderator||3 November 2020|
|Limpeklimpe||Lead Moderator||9 October 2020|
|xab||Moderator||3 February 2021|
|Sponsorn||Moderator||28 April 2021|
|Eun||Moderator||21 May 2021|
|MasterPhrog||Moderator||05 May 2022|
|KimJongJits||Community Contributor||8 December 2020|
|Kugan||Community Contributor||25 November 2020|
|Salbris||Community Contributor||2 December 2020|
|xcezz||Community Contributor||13 March 2020|
|Zizzs||Community Contributor||4 February 2021|
|Madfaith||Community Contributor||26 March 2021|
|Grymn||Community Contributor||18 April 2021|
|TheForgottenTime||Community Contributor||18 June 2021|
Former staff members
|Arthorse||Artist||Fall 2019 -
26 September 2020
|Fariel||Developer||6 October 2019 -
6 October 2020
|Zero||Developer||6 April 2020 -
23 September 2020
|Ot_to||Moderator||9 February 2021 -
29 October 2021
|ForeverKing||Moderator||28 January 2022 -
16 March 2022
|Silent1||Providing Idlescape in-game assets|
|IdleOnion||Providing Idlescape in-game assets|
How do I join the Idlescape team?
- Currently the team largely consists of members of the community who dedicate time and effort to improving Idlescape.
The main roles fulfilled by members of the community are the community contributor role and the moderator role:
- Community contributors help the game improve by working on the design of the game, fixing bugs, implementing features, and much more.
- Moderators are moderating the community part of the game, that includes in-game chat and discord, to stay within the rules and are involved with managing other parts of the community aspects of the game.
- If you are interested in becoming a community contributor, it is recommended you send a message to Boohi. Make sure to include all important information such as your experience with game design or similar tasks (preferably with examples!), your motivation, what relevant skills you have, what exactly you would like to do, etc.
- If you would like to submit an application for a moderating role you can do so here (you need to be a member of the idlescape discord channel to be able to submit a application). Notice: this does not mean that you will become a mod, be contacted about your application or in any other way notified about it, unless you were to progress further in the selection of becoming a moderator.
Can I stack enchantments?
- No, enchantments do not stack, the highest level one will be the one that is picked.
(ex: wearing a Protection 5 helm and a Protection 3 chest, only the Helm is counted for 5 Protection)
How many actions does this game have?
- Idlescape has Infinite actions. The only limitation we have is when you are offline, progress stops after 12 hours.
Does this game have offline progress?
- Yes, Idlescape has up to 12 hour offline progress!
What does the number after my name in chat mean?
- This is your total level of all your skills combined. Default color (white) are regular players, while gray total levels are Ironman mode accounts.
Why do some players have stars behind their levels in chat?
- When a player reaches max level (99) in all skills, their level in chat will now show their total mastery levels rather than regular levels.
Do food bonuses stack with equipment bonuses?
- Yes, food bonus enchantments stack with item enchantments.
What is the highest level I can obtain?
- The maximum level obtained in each skill is 99.
- After level 99, there are mastery levels. Each mastery level is incrementally harder to obtain and adds one effective level. There is no realistic limit of mastery levels.
How do I obtain heat?
- Burn logs, coal or sticks. Alternatively, pyre logs give more heat, but require crafting, cooking and fishing to obtain.
How do people change the name of their items, eg. "Fork and Spoon" instead of "Ladle" in the marketplace?
- You can change the name of an item through Augmenting. When you put the item into the augmenting interface, you can double-click the name above the item to change the name.
Why do some people have grey numbers after their names, and some have white numbers?
- Grey numbers signify that player is playing in Ironman Mode. White numbers signify players from normal mode.
How can I change my name?
- The best way to get a name change is to open a ticket in discord. If you do not have access to discord, you can also use the "Send Feedback" option in-game.
- Make sure to check if the name isn't already taken, you can check in-game using /whois <name>.
- Ways to get your name changed:
- Send us a well-written poem about the new name. Try to include the new name as part of the poem. Make sure its clear to us what the desired new name is.
- Send us a Idlescape related drawing.
- If we like the poem or drawing we will change your name as soon as we can.
How can I get a chat icon?
There are multiple ways to get chat icons. When you have one you can choose it in your settings.
Icons are never given out on request, and there is no point in asking for them. Donation icons are only obtained through donations, and bug finder icons are given on Boohi's incentive after several (serious) bug reports. Asking for a bug finder icon does not get you one quicker.
|Icon||How to obtain|
|Play the game for one year (only visible for one day)|
|Talk from the discord (moderator-exclusive)|
|Donate $5 (total amount donated)|
|Donate $20 (total amount donated)|
|Donate $50 (total amount donated)|
|Donate $100 (total amount donated)|
|Donate $250 (total amount donated)|
|Donate $500 (total amount donated)|
|Donate $1000 (total amount donated)|
|Donate $2000 (total amount donated)|
|Donate $5000 (total amount donated)|
|Community Member - Tier 1|
|Community Member - Tier 2|
|Community Member - Tier 3|
|Community Member - Tier 4|
|Distinguished Community Member|
|Bugfinder - Tier 1|
|Bugfinder - Tier 2|
|Bugfinder - Tier 3|
|Be part of the mod team|
|Be part of the dev team|
|Be part of the admin team|
How do I obtain Talismans?
- Currently you can obtain them as rare drops from chests and as combat drops, currently Fire Giants, Moss Giants, Ice Giants, Bone Giants and Chaos Giants drop talismans, as well as their elite versions.
I opened a chest but didn't get a talisman!
- There is a 20% chance to get a talisman from a chest.
Enchanting is a broad subject, you can read more about it on Enchanting
Does the Superheating enchantment give smithing xp?
Does the Superheating enchantment require all the ore and heat it normally requires to make an bar?
- No additional ore or heat required. You mine one ore and produce one bar.
Does the Superheating enchantment require smithing level to smelt bars?
- No. It can smelt any bar you can mine.
Does the Gathering enchantment work with Superheating?
- Yes, if it activates at the same time it'll produce 1 bar and 1 ore of the ore you're currently mining
How do smithing enchantments work?
Inferno immediately grants another bar, using the normal ore requirement, the normal heat requirement, and grants the normal amount of experience. It can trigger whenever a bar is smelted, including right after an Inferno activation.
Efficiency grants another bar without using any ore or heat. It grants no experience. It can trigger whenever a bar is smelted including all subsequent Inferno activation.
Scholar grants more experience but destroys the item. If Inferno activates, the item will still be destroyed, still grant more experience, still take heat and ore. If Efficiency activates then you will obtain the bar and the normal experience.
Wealth destroys all bars, giving you the vendor value and more, depending on how much Wealth you have. Its Inferno and Efficiency rules are the same as that of Scholar. If wealth and scholar are used on a bar, it will grant more experience AND money, which will not destroy two bars or take extra ore.
When do my augmenting results show up in the chat?
- Items show up at augment (20 - (2 x # enchanting slots)) .
|Item Type||Aug needed for chat msg|
|Fire/Moss/Ice Giant Drops (Fire Orb, etc.)||3→4|
|Crest of Chaos||9→10|
|Black Knight Great Helm (BKGH)||9→10|
|Chorus of Souls (CoS)||7→8|
|Modified Diving Gloves||3→4|
Items marked with * does not use regular formula for chat messages