Gems are special stones that are used to create different kinds of rings and necklaces. There are five kinds of gems: sapphire, emerald, ruby, diamond and black opal. Creating a ring or necklace from a gem requires one gem of that kind, 50 gold bars, and one gold ring or one gold necklace.
- Gems can be found while mining.
- The Refining enchantment grants a chance to find gems while smithing.
- The Root Digging enchantment grants a chance to find gems while foraging.
- Chests and Mysterious Seeds may contain gems.
- Several monsters drop gems, including guards, lesser demons, greater demons and infected nagas.
When mining, the chance to obtain a gem is based on the base timer of the area, therefore it doesn't matter which area is used. The scroll of the prospector can be used to enchant a pickaxe, which further increases the chance of finding gems when mining.
Found gems are distributed as such:
|Gem||Ring||Necklace||Crafting level||Crafting xp|
|Sapphire||Sapphire Ring||Sapphire Necklace||5||1600|
|Emerald||Emerald Ring||Emerald Necklace||10||2600|
|Ruby||Ruby Ring||Ruby Necklace||25||3600|
|Diamond||Diamond Ring||Diamond Necklace||50||4600|
|Black Opal||Black Opal Ring||Black Opal Necklace||60||5600|