Cooking is a skill that allows raw ingredients to be cooked into edible food or potions. Players can add up to 5 ingredients into the pot by interacting with the ingredients window on the right and then using heat to cook them.
Food has a chance to burn, depending on the player's effective cooking level and the experience given by the recipe. Either burnt food or burnt fish is produced when failing depending on the type of ingredients used. Effective cooking level and the amount of ingredients used also affects the level of food produced, which directly affects the amount of health and buff stacks the food will have. By leveling cooking, the player is able to cook better foods that give increased healing and better buffs.
- 1 Uses
- 2 Determining Produced Food
- 3 Buffs
- 4 Enchantments
- 5 Useful links
- 6 Bonus Items
- Recover health by eating food or drinking potions out of combat.
- Food can be placed in the combat inventory to recover health during combat.
- - Combat buffs are only applied when food is eaten during combat and disappears when leaving combat.
- Can be used to obtain various buffs that help in other skills such as foraging, mining, etc.
- Cooking fish has a chance to produce fish oil which can be used in crafting to create pyre logs.
Fish Oil Chance
Oil chance is determined by the total size of fish in the pot, with each size giving 5% chance. A chance of over 100% does not give additional fish oil and a negative chance is capped at 0%.
|Raw Magnetic Minnow||5%|
|Raw Slippery Eel||15%|
|Raw Hammerhead Shark||25%|
|Raw Great White Shark||25%|
|Raw Huge Tuna||30%|
*Per fish used. For example, cooking with 1 Raw Shark and 1 Raw Tuna results in a 35% chance, while cooking with 5 Raw Sharks will result in a 100% chance to receive fish oil regardless of burn chance.
Determining Produced Food
There are six factors associated with each ingredient:
- "Category" or "Tags" - This denotes which category or categories of food the ingredient belongs to. Ingredients can have multiple tags, and the value of a tag is equal to the size of the ingredient.
- There are a total of 13 Tags: Fruit, Vegetable, Grain, Dairy, Eggs, Meat, Beast, Poultry, Fish, Monster, Spice, Sweetener, and Preservative.
- Size - This is used to calculate the value of the ingredient's category/tag, and the time it takes to cook the dish.
- XP - The amount of experience gained when the ingredient is cooked. This is used to calculate difficulty (Chance to burn the food).
- Heat - The amount of heat required to cook the ingredient.
- Difficulty - Determines the burn chance of food.
- Buff - The buff effect that is added to the produced food when this ingredient is cooked. Only some ingredients add buffs to food when cooked.
- If more than one unique buff-granting ingredient is used in the same recipe, the food produced will always be Questionable Food.
- The buff effect applies the buff with a level of 2, and cannot be increased or decreased.
- Buffs stack with enchants from other sources such as armor. E.g., if the player has 5 Gathering scrolls on their ring and consumes a dish that grants Gathering 2, the player will have a total effect of Gathering 7.
|Ingredient||Category||EXP||Food Size||Alchemy Size||Heat||Difficulty||Source||Seed||Buff|
|Fish Oil||15||-5||30||0||Cooking fish
Fishing with Oil Spill
|Raw Shrimp||Fish, Meat||5||1||3||5||1||Fishing||Shrimp Lord|
|Raw Anchovy||Fish, Meat||5||1||5||1|
|Raw Magnetic Minnow||Fish, Meat||10||1||2.5||5||1||Fishing Magnetism|
|Raw Salmon||Fish, Meat||15||2||10||2|
|Raw Trout||Fish, Meat||15||2||10||2|
|Raw Lobster||Fish, Meat||25||3||15||3|
|Raw Tuna||Fish, Meat||20||3||15||3|
|Raw Tigerfish||Fish, Meat||25||3||2||15||3||Reinforced Line|
|Raw Slippery Eel||Fish, Meat||25||3||2||15||3||Oil Spill|
|Raw Crab||Fish, Meat||30||3||15||3|
|Raw Shark||Fish, Meat||30||4||20||4|
|Raw Hammerhead Shark||Fish, Meat||35||5||25||5|
|Raw Great White Shark||Fish, Meat||32||5||2.5||25||5||Deadliest Catch|
|Raw Huge Tuna||Fish, Meat||45||6||30||6|
|Water Imbued Dust||Grain, Spice||5||1||1||5||1||Crafting||Flame Resistance|
|Raw Beef||Meat, Beast||5||2||10||1||Combat|
|Raw Chicken||Meat, Poultry||5||2||10||1|
|Ichor||Monster, Spice||20||1||2||5||4||Combat||Demon Skin|
|Goblin Brain||Monster, Meat||10||2||2||10||2||Runecrafting|
|Spider Legs||Monster, Meat||20||4||2.5||20||4||Nimble|
|Raw Ancient Lobster||Monster, Meat||32||5||25||5||Fishing|
|Raw Megalodon||Monster, Meat||50||7||35||7|
|Raw Tentacle Meat||Monster, Meat||75||9||45||9|
|Mana Berry||Fruit, Spice||10||2||1.5||10||2||Rune Reserves|
|Black Berry||Fruit, Sweetener||5||0.5||2||10||0.5|
|Four-leaf Clover||Vegetable||20||1||1||5||4||Treasure Hunter|
There are a total of 39 discovered recipes in the in-game recipe database. Each recipe has the following properties:
- ID - The unique ID of the recipe in the recipe list within the game's code.
- HP - The base hitpoint recovery value granted by the food when cooked without factoring ingredients or other quality bonuses.
- Value - The price that the dish can be sold to the vendor for.
- Ingredient Tags - The ingredient types that are required to cook the fish. E.g., the Birdie Pasta recipe has the poultry and grain tags, meaning that cooking 1x Raw Chicken and 1x Rice would create this recipe.
Commonly Made Recipes
High HP Recipes
In-game shortcut: /wiki HP Food
These example recipes have high base HP and will be great for healing purposes, but might not give the highest buff stack.
|ID||Food||Base HP||Base Quality||Top Tier||Mid Tier||Low Tier|
|2137||Monster Curry||4 (36)||8||1x Raw Tentacle Meat
OR 2x Raw Ancient Lobster
|1x Raw Megalodon
|2137||Seafood Curry||4 (24)||5||2x Raw Lobster/Raw Tuna
|See Top Tier||1x Raw Lobster/Raw Tuna|
|2114||Fruit Cake||4 (24)||5||3x Apple
|See Top Tier||1x Apple|
|2107||Sushi||3 (27)||8||2x Raw Hammerhead Shark
OR 9 total size in fish
|Add 1x Carrot/Wildberry/Egg
for Seafood Curry
|Add 1x Carrot/Wildberry/Egg|
for Seafood Curry
High Buff Stack Recipes
In-game shortcut: /wiki Buff Food
These example recipes have high base buff stacks and will be great for buff purposes, but might not give the highest HP stack.
It is possible to lower the amount of main ingredients to increase the success chance at the cost of lower buff stacks per dish.
|ID||Food||Base HP||Base Quality||Buff||Top Tier|
|2101||Monster Surprise||1 (40)||39||Nimble||1x Spider Legs|
4x Raw Tentacle Meat
Switch to Megalodon if too difficult
|2101||Monster Surprise||1 (37)||36||Demon Skin||1x Ichor|
4x Raw Tentacle Meat
Switch to Megalodon if too difficult
|2124||Seared Fish||1 (24)||23||Fish buff of your choice||4x Raw Huge Tuna|
1x Fish buff ingredient
|2124||Grilled Veggies||1 (12)||11||Buff of your choice||4x Pumpkin|
1x Any buff ingredient
|2123||Fried Fruit||1 (8)||7||Buff of your choice||4x Apple/Tomato|
1x Any buff ingredient
|2126||Candied Fruit||1 (8)||7||Fishing/Efficiency||4x Apple|
Combat/Mix Food Recipes
In-game shortcut: /wiki Combat Food
These example recipes have mid/high base HP/buff stacks and is often used during combat. Mixing these with high HP could help survivability.
As these recipe use high-tier ingredients, there might be better alternatives than the recipes listed below and their cost vs stack size should be considered when making a lot of dishes.
All Recipes Table
|ID||Food||HP||Vendor price||Ingredient 1||Ingredient 2||Ingredient 3||Ingredient 4|
|2106||Spaghetti & Meat||3||75||Beast||Grain|
|2137||Seafood Curry||4||175||Fish||Grain||Spice||Any non-buff ingredient|
except fish or grain
The resulting dish is determined by the ingredients and the size of each ingredient type.
- The categories of the ingredients matches a recipe in the in-game recipe database.
- The size of ingredient categories in the recipe that is used by the recipe.
- The size of ingredient categories in the recipe that is NOT used by the recipe.
- If the categories of the ingredients matches more than one recipe, the ID of the recipes.
In order for a recipe to be valid, the categories of the ingredients must match against a recipe in the in-game recipe database. Additionally, the total size of categories not used by the recipe must not be greater than the total size of ingredients used by the recipe. If the categories of the ingredients matches more than one recipe, the result will be the recipe with the lowest ID. If all recipes in the in-game recipe database is invalidated, Questionable Food will be produced.
If a player attempts to cook the Seafood Curry recipe with 2x Raw Shark and 2x Ashes, the total size of each ingredient category are:
|Raw Shark||2||4||Fish, Meat||8|
The above recipe is determined by the following:
- The ingredients matches the following recipes: Seared Fish, Sushi, Grilled Veggies, Kebab, Seafood Curry.
- The total size of ingredients for Seared Fish [Fish] is 8. The total size of unused ingredients [Meat, Grain, Spice, Vegetable] is 21. Therefore, this recipe is not valid.
- The total size of ingredients for Sushi [Fish, Grain] is 14. The total size of unused ingredients [Meat, Spice, Vegetable] is 15. Therefore, this recipe is not valid.
- The total size of ingredients for Grilled Veggies [Vegetable] is 1. The total size of unused ingredients [Meat, Fish, Grain, Spice] is 28. Therefore, this recipe is not valid.
- The total size of ingredients for Kebab [Meat, Vegetable] is 9. The total size of unused ingredients [Fish, Grain, Spice] is 20. Therefore, this recipe is not valid.
- The total size of ingredients for Seafood Curry [Fish, Grain, Spice] is 20. The total size of unused ingredients [Meat, Vegetable] is 9. Therefore, this recipe is valid.
- As Seafood Curry is the only valid recipe, Seafood Curry is created.
The quality of food is determined by the following formula:
The base quality of the food is determined by the lowest size of the categories used in the recipe plus additional quality bonuses from Cooking Level. Every 30 Effective Cooking levels will provide +1 Quality to food produced.
If a player attempts to cook the Seafood Curry recipe with 2x Raw Shark, 2x Ashes, and 1x Carrot, the total size of each relevant ingredient category are:
The quality of the produced food will be:
- The size of Fish is 8.
- The size of Grain is 6.
- The size of Spice is 6.
- The base quality of the recipe is the lowest size of the categories used. Therefore, the base quality is 6.
- If the player's cooking level is 156, the player's cooking level grants +5 quality to the produced food.
- 1 is deducted from the quality at the end of the formula. The result is Sushi with +10 Quality.
The amount of HP recovered when the dish is consumed is based on the quality of food.
Seafood Curry has a base HP value of 4. A Seafood Curry with +10 Quality will recover hitpoints.
The number of stacks of buff that will be applied when a dish is consumed is determined by the following formula:
Food with buffs can be created by using special buff-granting ingredients while cooking. The buff granted is determined by the ingredient used, and if more than one buff-granting ingredient is used, the produced food will always be Questionable Food with the buff of the first buff ingredient in the pot.
Cooking speed is determined by the following formula:
- The first part of the formula represents the base cooking speed of the ingredients.
- The second part accounts for the speed bonus from cooking stats on an augmented ladle.
- The third part accounts for the speed bonus from the Haste enchantment.
This means that cooking speed is only affected by three factors: The total size of the ingredients used, the cooking stats of the player's equipped ladle, and the player's equipped Haste enchantment level.
Burn percentage is determined by the following formula:
where difficulty is the total difficulty of the ingredients, effLvl the effective cooking level, clvl and mlvl are the level of the Cooking and Master Chef enchantment.
To get the success rate, use
Cooking and eating food created with a few specific ingredients (see below) can give various buffs, similar to those from enchantments. The amount of buff stacks given by the food is determined by the quality of the food and players effective cooking level (base cooking level + additional modifiers such as an augmented ladle), players can hover over the cooking skill icon to see their effective level.
Identical food buffs and enchantments will stack. For example, if a player has an active 30% Inferno buff from a scroll of inferno, and a 10% inferno buff from food, they will have a total of 40%.
Food can be eaten any time out of combat to recover health, food added to the combat inventory may be used during combat. Combat buffs will only be applied if the food is eaten during combat. Combat buffs will not be kept upon exiting combat, while skill-based buffs gained from eating food in combat will be kept until used once out of combat. Non-combat buff stacks are consumed by performing an action out of combat, regardless of the type of skill being trained. I.E inferno stacks will be used even when not smithing
Buffs gained from food
|Name||Skill Affected||Description||Buff Gained From||Top Tier Recipe||Mid Tier Recipe|
|Cooking||Cooking||Decreases chance of burning food by 8% while cooking.||Salt||4 Pumpkins, 1 Salt||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Salt|
|Shrimp Lord||Cooking||Player gains 10% increased chance of finding Raw Shrimp while Cooking.||Raw Shrimp||4 Raw Huge Tuna, 1 Raw Shrimp||4 Any non-buff Fish, 1 Raw Shrimp|
|Pyromancy||Cooking and Smithing||Player uses 10% less heat while Cooking and Smithing.||Ashes||4 Pumpkins, 1 Ashes||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Ashes|
|Inferno||Smithing||Gain a 10% chance to automatically smelt ores an additional time while smithing.||Pepper||4 Pumpkins, 1 Pepper||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Pepper|
|Superheating||Mining||Gain a 2% chance to instantly smelt an ore into a bar while mining.||Chili Pepper||4 Pumpkins, 1 Chili Pepper||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Chili Pepper|
|Nature||Foraging||Gain 10% chance to collect bonus logs while foraging.||Mushroom||4 Pumpkins, 1 Mushroom||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Mushroom|
|Fishing||Fishing||Increases fishing catch rate by 10%.||Honey||4 Pumpkins, 1 Honey||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Honey|
|Fishing Magnetism||Fishing||Increases bonus rarity by 4 and decreases bait and reel power by the same amount. Increases chance to find known rare nodes.||Raw Magnetic Minnow||4 Raw Huge Tuna, 1 Raw Magnetic Minnow||4 Any non-buff Fish, 1 Raw Magnetic Minnow|
|Reinforced Line||Fishing||Increases reel power by 6.||Raw Tigerfish||4 Raw Huge Tuna, 1 Raw Tigerfish||4 Any non-buff Fish, 1 Raw Tigerfish|
|Pungent Bait||Fishing||Increases bait power by 6.||Seaweed||4 Pumpkins, 1 Seaweed||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Seaweed|
|Oil Spill||Fishing||Adds 7.5% chance to try and extract fish oil from a fish based on the fish's size. There is a chance that fish oil may not be created if the fish is too small.||Raw Slippery Eel||4 Raw Huge Tuna, 1 Raw Slippery Eel||4 Any non-buff Fish, 1 Raw Slippery Eel|
|Deadliest Catch||Fishing||Increases bonuses from bait by 10%, but decreases chance of bait preservation by 5%. Increases chance to find known rare resources.||Raw Great White Shark||4 Raw Huge Tuna, 1 Raw Great White Shark||4 Any non-buff Fish, 1 Raw Great White Shark|
|Gathering||Mining, Foraging, and Fishing||Gain a 20% chance to find an extra resource while gathering.||Banana||4 Pumpkins, 1 Banana||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Banana|
|Runecrafting||Runecrafting||Reduces essence used in runecrafting by 10%.||Goblin Brain||4 Pumpkins, 1 Goblin Brain||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Goblin Brains|
|Efficiency||Cooking and Smithing||Gain a 2% chance to produce an extra item during cooking and smithing.||Sugar||4 Pumpkins, 1 Sugar||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Sugar|
|Intuition||Most activities||Increases experience gained by 10% while doing most things.||Sageberry||4 Pumpkins, 1 Sageberry||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Sageberry|
|Demon Skin||Combat||All damage taken is reduced by 2.||Ichor||4 Raw Tentacle Meats/Raw Megalodons, 1 Ichor||4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Ichor or|
2 Raw Lobsters, 2 Pumpkins, and 1 Ichor
|Nimble||Combat||Increases Defense by about 20%.||Spider Legs||4 Raw Tentacle Meats/Raw Megalodons, 1 Spider Leg||5 Spider Legs or|
3 Pumpkins, 1 Raw Shark, and 1 Spider Legs
|Flame Resistance||Combat||Grants some resistance to intense heat.||Water Imbued Dust||4 Pumpkins, 1 Water Imbued Dust or
3 Pumpkins, 1 Raw Tentacle Meat, 1 Water Imbued Dust
|4 Tomatoes/Potatoes/Apples, 1 Water Imbued Dust|
List of useful Enchantments.
|Scroll||Slot||Level||Silver Amount||Rune Amount||Runes||Effect per scroll|
|Scroll of the Shrimp Lord||Gloves, Boots||1||100||10||Air, Water, Chaos, Nature||Gain 5% chance per cooking action to gain one Raw Shrimp.|
|Scroll of Cooking||Gloves, Boots||40||500||50||Earth, Fire, Water||Decreases chance to burn food while cooking by 4%.|
|Scroll of Inferno||Gloves, Boots||46||600||50||Earth, Fire, Chaos||Gain a 5% chance per smithing/cooking action to complete another smithing/cooking action.|
|Scroll of Efficiency||Gloves, Boots||91||1100||90||Air, Earth, Fire, Water, Nature||Gain a 1% chance to produce an extra item during cooking and smithing.|
|Scroll of Prolonging||Gloves, Boots||58||700||60||Nature, Mind||Gain 10% more buff stacks from consumables.|
|Scroll of Enlightenment||Gloves, Boots||73||900||70||Air, Water, Chaos, Mind||Gain 1 more essence per action where essence is acquired.|
|Scroll of Pyromancy||Ring, Necklace||7||100||30||Fire, Water, Nature||Use 10% less heat when cooking and smithing.|
|Scroll of Wealth||Ring, Necklace||37||500||50||Nature, Mind,
|Automatically sell resources for 20% more gold than their normal value.|
|Scroll of the Scholar||Ring, Necklace||88||1000||90||Chaos, Mind, Cosmic||Gain 20% more experience, but NO items. This does not
apply to combat, farming, or crafting.
|Scroll of Haste||Ring, Necklace||94||1100||100||Air, Chaos, Mind,
|Increases non-combat action speed by 4%.|
|scroll of Master Chef[?]||Ladle||84||1000||80||Water, Fire, Earth||Decrease chance to burn food while cooking by 4% of your effective cooking level. (level 99 * 4% = -3.96% burn chance)|
Google doc made by Starnub and Gunroot
See Shrimp Bauble
|Skills (Experience Table)|
Attack • Strength • Defense • Constitution