|Source||Gathering Skills, Chests, Combat|
A black opal is the fifth tier of gems. It can be crafted into black opal jewelry or be used in augmenting certain gear. Black opal equipment is the second-highest tier of jewelry, behind the extremely rare Prismatic Necklace and Prismatic Ring, which can only be obtained through a very rare transformation when augmenting black opal jewelry.
- Gems can be found while mining. The Prospector pickaxe enchantment increases the chance of finding gems while mining.
- The Refining enchantment grants a chance to find gems while smithing.
- The Root Digging enchantment grants a chance to find gems while foraging.
- Chests and Mysterious Seeds may contain gems.
- Several monsters drop gems, including guards, lesser demons, greater demons, and infected nagas.