Chests can be gathered randomly while performing specific actions. Opening a chest will give a random amount of loot, as well as a 20% chance to receive a Talisman.
The chance for a chest drop from combat is based on the monster killed. Detailed drop rates can be found on the individual monster pages.
The chance to obtain a chest while gathering is based on the base time of an action. The following formula is used:
Geodes and Bird's Nests:
Ancient and Sunken Treasures:
The Naturalist enchantment can increase the chance of getting a chest from gathering actions.
- Geodes can be acquired through Mining
- Bird's Nests can be acquired through Foraging
- Sunken and Ancient Treasures can be acquired through Fishing
- Satchels can be acquired through Combat
- All chests share a chance to drop Gems and Talismans.
- Geodes mainly contain mining related drops like bars.
- Bird's Nests mainly contain foraging related drops like branches and seeds.
- Sunken Treasures have a chance to drop rare loot such as Modified Diving Gloves and Forgotten Souls.
- Ancient Treasures have a chance to drop rare loot such as Ancient Gear and Sunken Treasure drops.
- Satchels mainly contain gold and runes.
- Mysterious Seeds can only be dropped by Bird's Nests and Satchels.
- Books can only be dropped by Sunken Treasures and Satchels.